UPDATE: TopGear Karting is Required to Stay Closed While County Durham Remains in Tier 3. We Will Be Able to Reopen Once Our Area Enters Back Into Tier 2.
- All sessions must be pre-booked and pre-paid in advance.
- When you arrive at TopGear, please remain in your vehicle/outside until a member of staff invites you into the building.
- New customers can now register their driver profile at home before arriving at the track (parents/guardians can register for children): We will email you your racing results & send you special offers, you can even upload a driver profile photo! Click here to register
- Cleaning procedures have been increased throughout our facility.
- Anti-bacterial hand wash will be available for use. We recommend customers wash their hands before and after their time on the track.
- Only eight customers will be allowed in our facility at one time (large group bookings will be dealt with on an individual basis).
- After every session on the track, we will have a mandatory cleaning interval in which all karts, touch points and equipment will be thoroughly disinfected for the next users. NO CUSTOMERS WILL BE ALLOWED NEAR THE TRACK DURING THESE INTERVALS. The next session will not begin until all key areas have been cleaned.
- We will only allow 1 spectator to sit in our stands per driver. If you want to organise a private session with more spectators, please contact us.
- All drivers are required to wear a balaclava when driving. Ensure this is covering your mouth whenever you wear a helmet. You can either bring your own, or you can purchase a brand new balaclava from us for just £3.
- To increase social distancing, we now have a one door in, one door out system for all customers. This will ensure the entranceway is kept clear and safe for the next group of customers.
- To reduce time spent in the building, we now recommend customers arrive no more than 10 minutes before their session time. Don’t worry, your time on the track will not be cut short, we just ask customers to arrive later than usual to allow us the time to properly disinfect all required areas and equipment while the track is clear.
- All overalls will only be used once per day before being sent away to be thoroughly washed and disinfected.
- Our track is fitted with a top-quality ventilation system to ensure a constant flow of fresh, clean air.
- We have reduced the range of race events available to maintain a clearer schedule.
The Benefits of Going Go-Karting in the Current Climate
- Compared to other enclosed environments such as cinemas, shopping centres, large indoor-only activity centres and more, our very low concentration of people and customer rotation system means we can keep our facility safe and clean at all times with high levels of social distancing.
- We do not promote large gatherings within an enclosed space in order to promote social distancing: only eight customers at a time will be allowed into our facility, meaning a far more reduced risk.
- Although we are an indoor track, our space is not enclosed as it is very well ventilated and our large shutter doors will remain open to increase clean airflow throughout our facility.
- As you will be in your own kart racing at your own speed, contact between people while racing is practically non-existent.
- With our small group sizes and increased safety measures, TopGear’s go-karting is one of the lowest risk indoor activities in the North East for eight years and up in our opinion.
- Please put your own safety and the safety of others before anything else. Do not visit our track simply because you feel you may miss out financially/on a fun day out. We are all in the same boat and we will all sadly have to make sacrifices.
- Anyone with an underlying health problem as outlined above should think long and hard before visiting our track.
- Anyone that has contact with anyone that falls into the at risk categories listed above should think extensively before coming to TopGear Karting.
- Anyone exhibiting the symptoms associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) SHOULD NOT ATTEND an event at our venue.
Go-karting is an industry built on making sure guests are safe at all times while in our care, and that does not change in the face of COVID-19. We will continue to provide you with a memorable experience while remaining safe.
If you have a booking with us and are either ill or concerned about your health, we ask that you follow public health recommendations and do not visit our track. Despite our best efforts to remain operational for customers that wish to attend, we fully understand that circumstances and concerns are evolving daily so we are prepared to reschedule any previously booked session for any time within the next 6 months (unless government guidelines change) at no extra cost or we can cancel it (deposits non-refundable).
If you have any other queries or concerns, please contact us on 0191 3860999 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
In these uncertain times, we massively appreciate your continued support, and hopefully we can all do our part to get through this.